So much has happened in the last 7 months. I broke off a relationship, never went to Seattle, went boating in Idaho which was amazing, played on the kickball team again, went to Phoenix over Labor Day to visit my cousin and her new baby, and had a nice relaxing birthday weekend in Gateway, Colorado.
I also took time off from the opposite sex. I was over all of it. I was tired of the lies, the non committalness, and wanted to regroup and see how I felt after awhile. I’m just tired of it never working out. I want to be with someone, I want to have someone give a crap just like I do. I don’t want to have to lie to myself that “this one is different” cause truth is, guys who live in Utah aren’t.
Which brings me to my current state of contentment. I have been seeing someone for about 6 weeks now, and things are good. We’ve had minor hiccups, but the majority of the time has been positive and I’m looking forward to the ride. I think that it’s due to him knowing what he wants, that he’s not waiting for the ‘next best thing’, he’s passionate about what he does, he communicates (to the tune of 10 hour phone conversations), isn’t afraid to say what’s on his mind- good or bad, he genuinely cares, and he’s open about his feelings toward me. I know where I stand with him and our relationship and that is something I haven’t had in years.
In my never ending quest to get the hell out of Utah, I am frustrated yet ok with not finding a job yet. I would love to leave sooner rather than later, but I am ok with staying until my daughter is out of school in June. So here I sit, applying for jobs that I know I won’t get, but I do it anyway.
I’ve also started contributing again to a blog which I’ve enjoyed. The comments are pretty hilarious to some of my posts. People really are special.
Speaking of special... What the hell is with people coming out of the wood works and trying to communicate lately? It’s really annoying. My communication suffered a bit last week which was later rectified, I received a text Friday night from a former friend. I really need to change my number. Anyways, this person said I was right about a certain situation that happened over 2 years ago, and that I deserved an apology for what happened, and that they were sorry we were not friends anymore. Fantastic right? Nope. Because of said situation, I no longer trust anyone affiliated with that group of people, or new people in general, and this person has texted before the same info, so why again now? Are they trying to get me to say something, are they drunk & reliving this situation again, I don’t know. It’s been 2 years. Leave it alone. So I told her that it wasn’t her fault, but at least she has a relationship with her sister (that was a total bitch dig) and that there was no way in hell I would ever tell her anything about me. Just like the time I ran into another one of them at the grocery store and she asked how my daughter was doing (she is good friends with someone who is friends with daughters father) and I kept it formal and didn’t say much. There was no way I was saying anything and then having her tell the group.
Salt Lake is much too small for me…..




1 comment:
I know you need a change of scenery and I truly believe something will come along for you. Remember that Matt and I adore you and your cutie of a daughter and you are always welcome to hang out with us. I'm sorry we haven't been better friends and reached out more. Life so gets in the way of things. :(
Post a Comment