Thursday, June 19, 2008

Burnin Ring of Fire


So yesterday marked a new day and a new adventure in my life. I have decided to get a couple tattoo's removed (insert shock and awe here). Let me tell you it is not the most pleasant, or cheapest thing in the world. What cost me $50 to get on is now costing thousands to get rid of. Why would I do this you ask? Well friends, it's time to move on and see what this big world has in store for me, and having a tattoo so visible may prohibit that growth and that's not something I want to have happen. The other one I am getting removed is on my ankle and with it's removal, I am removing all the emotions and feelings that it represents. Yes, I could get it covered up, but I don't know what I want over it. Both tattoo's represent so much that was going on in my life 6 years ago during a time when I thought I knew what I wanted and where my life was going, and thinking I was proving myself to people, when in actuality I had lost myself and didn't know that there was so much more in store for me and what I thought was my whole world and what I identified with was nothing merely more then a smoke screen and jumping off point for someone. I have done some soul searching and contemplating and I realized that I have never been in love. I am 27 and have never truly been in love..... sad to some, but I am ok with it. I have had many relationships, and dated a lot of different people searching for love, never found it, but sure found myself and became so much stronger.

Anywho, back to the process of tattoo removal. It hurts like no one's business! Even with the topical numbing cream, it still hurts and wow- pretty painful. It has now been 24 hours, and with the sun hitting the spots of the tattoos, it feels like things are on fire! So you sit with this cream on the location for 30 min so it has time to numb, then you are taken to a room to get the job done. You put on these glasses, sit or lay on the table, and let the games begin! My ankle hurt so much worse then my arm, but I can already tell a difference. Since the one on my ankle is a black, homemade tattoo, it will come out faster and easier, hopefully in 4-5 sessions. My arm however will take 8-15. So they laser the area and it starts to bubble and feels like a constant pinch. The whole process takes about 5 min. then you get iced, go home and come back in 6 weeks for another session. We're looking at a year long process people- get ready for the ride!

So far reaction has been positive. People are respectful and see what this means to me and not telling me 'well, I told you so' and other crap. This was my decision and I'm excited. I don't look at this and regret it, but I'm not the same person that I was when I got them on. All my others will stay intact, and maybe more will come, but at this point, I am content. This is a pic of what it looked like 5 min after the first burning. Pretty gnarly huh?

1 comment:

Candice Shino said...

How can anyone leave you a comment if we don't know about your blog silly!