Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TGI February!!!!!

I don't know about you but January completely sucked for me. It was hands down the worst month and I am glad it's over!

It's been about 12 years since I last had a mole removed for the simple fact that it hurts like hell. Yes, I know it sounds crazy coming from me, but that lidocane shot is not so pleasant- especially when they stick you 4 times! The doctor ended up only taking one out of the 4 I had suggested (fine by me, less pain) and I am happy to say the results were negative for anything suspicious. Moles are a big deal in my family since my grandpa died 29 years ago from melanoma.

Pie had her first sleepover at our house last Saturday and they had a blast! She has a friend next door to us (Isabel) and she is an only child as well, which can get interesting when they play. Isabel came over around 4pm and left Sunday morning around 10am, just in time for Pie to get ready and go to church with Nana. They played dress up, printed what seemed like a whole ream of paper of coloring pictures off Disney.com, played dress up, painted each other's nails, did make up, played Barbies, watched movies, and had pizza for dinner. They decided to sleep in Pie's tent in sleeping bags and I could hear them laughing for about an hour before it was silent.

Since Pie was preoccupied for a while, it gave me time to watch some movies. I watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist which I thought was alright. It was a cute, no brainer movie with a good story. I then watched Zack and Miri Make a Porno which was directed by Kevin Smith who is my favorite director. I loved this movie because it was true Kevin Smith magic and it was honest, vulgar, genuine, caring, bad language, ridiculous, and underneath it all it had an amazing story. All the things I love about his movies. It gets two thumbs up from me.

Pie starts Kindergarten in 6 months and I still haven't decided where to take her. I don't like driving back and forth to Sandy everyday to get her, but the daycare's by our house are either more expensive then what I am paying now, deplorable, or they don't work with the hours I work, or I would need to drive everyday, which would suck not van pooling and saving gas money and miles on my new car. Ugh. I hate these kinds of decisions because I don't want her to be a school jumper. Maybe I'll keep driving to Sandy everyday because it will be cheaper since she is older and I know she will get quality care, and then next year I'll put her in at the school 2 street from us.

Keep your fingers crossed that it will all work out.

Until next time......

No comments: