So, it was a lovely day, I remember it as though it was yesterday. The date was May 30, 2007 and I purchased a gym membership with my sister. Little did I know that my life would drastically change from that point forward.
I got hooked up with a personal trainer named Jared who I adore! He is the best thing since sliced bread. I meet with him twice a week and he kicks my ass every time- definatley a good workout. I leave sweating every time and he is always pushing me to go farther & to do more then what I think I can handle. He also gave me the bugg which is what I depserately needed. Not that kind of bugg- it calculates how many calories I burn each day, and I also log my food intake. It's pretty bad ass!
So since I have started a little over a month ago, watching what/how much I eat and working out about twice a week and cutting out pop, candy, fast food- as of June 28th, I had lost an inch on my hips and an inch on my thighs! I am extatic! It doesn't sound like much, but it means the world to me. When I started this endevor I was completely out of shape- I knew I had to do something when walking up the stairs from doing laundry one day I got winded. What the hell was this all about? This isn't what I want to be. I can't be this way anymore. For the last 4 years I have done nothing but be consumed with my child and making sure she is stable, well, loved and taken care of. Now it is my turn to take care of myself and be the person I once was.
While in Aruba a few months ago, I was spoiled. Spolied with amazing weather, great beaches, awesome people, and imaculate food! I didn't want to come home- such a different experience then when I went 2 years ago. All the food was hot and FRESH! Nothing was stale, over salted, over cooked, and was served promtly. Nothing like you get here. I came back and swore I would never eat fast food, and I have held on to that promise. It's repulsive- it's nothing but a rock sitting at the bottom of your stomach.
What I eat in a typical day: ususally I try to keep it about 1000-1300 calories and I eat a lot of chicken, fruits, some vegetables, salmon (Ausha loves it too), oatmeal, meal replacement shakes, and Subway. I freaking love Subway! I am more concious of what I eat and look at food differently. I don't look at it as comfort when I'm bored, I see things as a hinder- hindering my progress and making it harder for me to achieve what I want.
I was so happy with the small progress I have done, I decided to go to the gym 5 days a week doing cardio for 3 and training with Jared twice. This started last week and so far so good- I went this morning (never done a morning workout) and LOVED it! I had so much energy and did very well.
In short, I went from being out of shape and not being able to walk for very long on the treadmill at like a 2.7 speed, to trucking along on the Elliptikillsya for 30 min at an average speed of 4.2- yes I am that cool! I have even gotten my mom and brother to come along for a few times with me.
My support system consits of Ausha (cause she loves playing in the kids area), my mom, and the guys at work. Everyone at work is on a health kick right now and quite a few of us are changing our habits/ways for the better and we help keep eachother motivated and on the right track. Court even inspired me to start this blog to track my progress (thanks Court) I don't want to be the fat friend/co-worker/acquaintence/family member/mom anymore- and I won't be.
So in short, I have gone from someone who hates to work out and ate crappy, to being addicted to working out and eating fresh, healthy food- I can even suck my stomach in- something I haven't been able to do in 4 years!
Until next time........
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Jenn,
Sweet! Congratulations! That's awesome that you're seeing positive results. I'm really happy for you. It makes me want to get out and shed a few pounds me-self.
I'm going to swing by Marriott, hopefully in the next few days, and say hi.
Just remember, I like Jenn Buck either way: the new and improved one, or the good old Jenn Buck.
Wooohooooo!!!! I am so happy for you! Thomas Matt and I have been really busting our asses too~ I am so happy for you!! =0) You are fabulous!
Post a Comment